Help Keep Spirit of South Carolina Sailing
Maintaining a wooden tall ship is costly. Spirit of South Carolina is owned and managed by the 501(c)3 non-profit Spirit of South Carolina Inc, which relies on individual donations, corporate philanthropy, and grants to bridge the gap between earned income and operating expenses each year. Currently we receive no funding from the State of South Carolina. If you have an interest in keeping Spirit of South Carolina sailing, please help us do just that.
Choose from an option that best fits you.
Join the Spirit's Bar Pilot Society with your Sustaining Gift
We hope you'll join the Bar Pilot's Society, a special group for sustaining, or monthly donors. Setting up a recurring monthly donation will spread your gift across the whole year and you won't need to remember to make an annual donation. Sustaining gifts are especially helpful to us in planning because we more accurately budget our maintenance projects. You can join the Bar Pilot's Society for as little as $20 per month.
In gratitude we invite you to join us for during any of our 50% discounts on all harbor day sails, and an invitation to our Annual Donor's Dockside Reception
Need to explore a scale of additional "perqs"
This Page is in prototype stage; not operational
Bar Pilot Society
If you aren't ready to join the Bar Pilots Society today, click here to give a one-time gift instead.
Every donation is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for keeping the wind in her sails!
Choose a Contribution Plan that Fits
Samuel Pregnall1,000$Every yearHonoring the builder of the pilot schooner Frances Elizabeth
- Samuel Pregnall Annual Membership
- 2 Complimentary Tickets to a Harbor Day Sail
- 2 Invitations to Annual Donor's Reception
- Best Value
Frances Elizabeth5,000$Every yearHonoring the Pilot Schooner Francis Elizabeth
- 2 Complimentary Tickets aboard all Harbor Sails
- 2 Invitations to Annual Donor Reception
- 1 Invitation to Breakfast with the Captain
- 50% Discount off cost of hosting your personal Reception
Steamboat Planter10,000$Every yearHonoring the Coastal Steamer piloted by Robert Smalls
- Invitation to Breakfast with the Captain
- 2 Complimentary Tickets to all Public Harbor Day Sails
- Table of 8 Invitations to Annual Donor Reception on Board
- 50% of cost of your own Reception
Bar Pilots Society20$Every monthYour Monthly Sustaining membership provides stability
- Invitation-only Harbor Sails when the ship is in Charleston.
- 50% Discount for you and one guest on harbor sails
- Handsome Pilot Schooner Lapel Pin
Single Donation20$Make a Difference with this Gift.